Facebook certainly caused a frenzy around the world when they announced major changes to their newsfeed algorithm on January 11th 2018 last. Their aim is to improve user experience on Facebook and the change will prioritize content from friends and family.
Content from friends and family will get priority over public content, including posts from business pages.
The impact of this change will vary from page to page and will be driven by factors including
- the type and quality of content they produce
- how people interact with it – the key here is to achieve meaningful engagements on posts and not in anyway to use engagement baiting
- pages publishing posts that people generally don’t react to or comment on could see the biggest decreases in distribution. No engagement equals no reach….. and engagement baiting equals big trouble for your page..
- pages whose posts prompt conversations between friends will see less of an effect
On the 18th of December Facebook announced that they will begin to penalize pages that engage in click baiting (like and share competitions, like and tag competitions etc), misleading headlines and fake news.
Business pages, now more than ever, need to focus on publishing high quality engaging content. Pages that do not….will see their organic reach decline.
In my webinar, I
- review the changes in the algorithm
- give 5 examples of posts that could get your Facebook page blacklisted
- discuss what business pages should do to maximize organic reach in 2018.
Watch it back here!
5 Practices that could see your FAcebook Business Page Blacklisted in 2018!!“Social Chat with Louise” is back!! In this episode….. 5 Practices that could see your Business Page Blacklisted in 2018!!
Here are the links I mention in the webinar:
Digital West Summit: (Mayo and Live on the Internet) http://digitalwest.biz/
Womens Inspire Event Galway: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/womens-inspire-network-claim-your-space-and-own-it-tickets-42273184232
Social Academy: http://louisemcdonnell.com/iump-subscription-plan/
Posted by Louise McDonnell on Friday, January 19, 2018