You want to start posting consistently and growing on social media but have no idea what to post or how to create the types of content that grabs attention. You get caught in this procrastination loop since your account is fairly small (i.e. your family and close friends are your only supporters right now). To get you started we have prepared a list of the Top 7 Social Media Post Ideas that can you get started for this week:
- Create a how-to or tutorial
- Celebrate “National Whatever Day!”
- Make a meme
- Give customers the spotlight
- Do a “This or That” poll
- Go behind the scenes
- Share secrets or hacks
It’s a good idea to start with a plan that has goals and an organizing framework to keep you on track and to help you stay organized. Here are some tips to help you stay organized and streamline your social media strategies.
- Plan and schedule social posts ahead of time: Planning and scheduling posts saves a lot of time, and it allows you to focus on other parts of your job instead of being constantly distracted by the need to publish at certain times of the day.
- Make social calendars: I say this from my experience, this is the best way to stay organised and create effective content for your social media. P.S. Last Friday I created social media calendar for my social media and trust me when I say this it was FUN.
- Use Canva to make batches of similar images: Canva is a wonderfully simple (and free) graphic design platform that small business owners can use to create social media templates. You can create multiple folders based on the post category, the platform, or the visual format
You already have everything it takes to accomplish all of the mentioned tasks. It’s just a matter of if you’re willing to push past this procrastinating phase long enough to start seeing results. Good luck with trying these tips and ideas for your social media. For more advice and training, check out our Social Media Academy.