How you present your content on social media can have a big impact on organic reach. All social media platforms have algorithms that control content distribution. Algorithms favour content that has achieved engagement within a short time of being published. Think of “engagement” (likes, comments, views, clicks) as votes for your content.
Here are some pointers to consider every time you post:
- Think about the day and time of day to publish your post. Your audience needs to be there, but they also need to have time to engage
- Post eye-catching graphics. The aim of the image is to stop them as they scroll!
- Use a combination of short (reel style) videos, single images, and carousel posts
- Post with purpose – make sure your post has a purpose behind it and that you are not posting just for the sake of it or because it has been a few weeks since your last one
- Include direct product links to anything you post about which is available online or tell people how they can purchase it – make the buying decision easy for people instead of having them look all over for a product
- Only include weblinks in posts if necessary
- Mix up your content between awareness posts, consideration, sales, and advocate content
- Think carefully about your post description – this will have a big impact on whether people engage or not.
- Give your audience one call to action and one direction to follow
- Use hashtags to reach new people
If you’re interested in learning how to boost your social media skills, why not check out our Social Media Academy.